Serve the Public White Paper of Keelung Detention Center
- Publication Date ：
- Last updated：2023-05-10
- View count：1005
Serve the Public White Paper of Keelung Detention Center
“Strengthening the civilian services” is a target of “Administrative Innovation Project” that concluded by the government. And owing to the social structure transition, the universal of education, the high standards of living and the growing of expectations by people with each passing day, Taipei Detention Center has been trying harder and harder to offer greater convenience to the people, and then make the best of the service quality.
- Guard ＆ Control Management, Sanitation ＆ Health, Administrative Affairs, Government Ethics Affairs, Business Affairs, Vocational Trainings and Assistance ＆ Guidance Activities are the businesses in Taipei Detention Center. What below are the details about:
- Guard ＆ Control Management: To execute the system of job responsibility, strengthen the security examination, educate the staff year in and year out, discuss the state of guard and control on the go and establish the varied rules.
- Sanitation ＆ Health: To enhance the precautionary measures, cure the illness, test the urine of detainee, exam the HIV and venereal disease of inmates and superintend the problems of public hygiene.
- Administrative Affairs: Constantly discuss and find out the problems of administrative affairs and then reform these problems. Besides, try to carry out the computerization of the administrative management and simplify the process of state papers handling.
- Government Ethics Affairs: To prevent the graft in the center, execute the job for document secrets, safeguard and declare the center properties, verify and inspect the effects of business.
- Business Affairs ＆ Vocational Trainings: Streamlining the machine operations, endeavor to cooperate with technical plants and make the inmates have proficiencies in a particular line in order to get a good job after exiting the center.
- Assistance ＆ Guidance Activities: To assist and guide the inmate moralities, assess the dispositions and behaviors of inmates and hold activities for detainee in the center.
- Civilian Services: Speedy up the counter operations, strengthen the service measures, fulfill all the applications and simplify the reception procedures.
- Promises for the Public:
Base on the rules below, Taipei Detention Center provides the best services with all sincerity.
- Be cautious of solving problems: Any public case should be handled carefully and settled in a satisfactory way.
- Trainings of laws and decrees: In order that all the questions and problems could be rapidly and correctly solved, all of the affair undertakers have to familiar with the related systems, legislations and policies.
- Attitude toward working: Establish the correct conceptions of service and serve the public with cordial, amiable attitude.
- Civilian survey: For understanding the demands of people, Taipei Detention Center inquires into the needs of the public.
- Service Directions:
- To serve people, execute and advance the annual project that made by Taipei Detention Center.
- Set up the computerized system of roster information and telephone calls for people to use.
- For all of the applying cases (mailing or telephone calls) would be done immediately all the time.
- To combine the resources that come from all circles to strengthen the civilian services.
- Set up the suggestion box for people to express their voices, and set those advices into action.
- By the meetings or the suitable time to promote the service quality, and offer interrelated disciplines.
- Vis-à-vis Services:
Properly handle the stating, pleading and petition cases.
- A special will be assigned to accommodate with people who come to Taipei Detention Center to present petitions.
- People could also present petitions by the pleading special line, and any case will be handled instantly except for the complicated one.
- Taipei Detention Center also offers the consulting services, such as the interactive computerized system for inquiring information about the receptions and the inmate data.
- A list of pleading lines is posted in the Reception Room for people to express opinions. Besides, there is also an intercom for complaining directly answered by the Secretary.
- For any case that pleaded by mail would be answered through the written reply.
- Inmates in the center could express their opinions to the Government Ethics Office, and then all the states would be promoted on the basis of reflecting their suggestions.
- Inmates could also plead for help through the Petition Handling Team that set up in the center.
- The special of the Petition Handling Team will carefully listen to the civilian voices.
- For all the applying cases that transacted by the public would be done immediately all the time, and for the cases that written in letters would be replied by mail.
- Strengthen the Civilian Measures:
- Assign the staff members to work with professional knowledge of law, enthusiasm and devotion.
- Beautify the environment and make it green by planting trees.
- Site the service items, and charts of reception registration, articles sending procedure and service hour.
- Offer the writing samples of article sending form and applying form for people to use.
- Tables, chairs, ballpoint pens and presbyopic glasses are provided.
- Open the parking area up for free.
- Set up the public telephone, drinking fountain and ATM.
- Provide newspapers, magazines and televisions in the Reception Room for people to read and watch.
- Set up the suggestion box for the public to represent opinions.
- Simplify the Procedure for Applying Cases:
- In order to save time and increase the service quality, for those who come to visit the detainee in the center, they only need to bring the ID card and tell the undertaker the name and number of the inmate.
- Provide the writing samples of any applying form for people to consult.
- If the inmates assign their relatives to get their money and goods back, they only need to submit a report and make a statement. And then they could take all the things back after receiving the approbation.
- The inmate can see the doctor on his own expense only if his application is examined and approved.
- In case of the military service, census register modification, emergency relief fund, papers alteration or any case that need the in-prison document, families of inmates only need to bring the identification papers or mail the copies to Taipei Detention Center for simplifying the procedure of applying in-prison document.
- Families of inmates and prisoners can buy medicines only if they get the prescription, diagnosis and certify for giving clear indication of the medicine sort and usage.
- General Affair Section will buy the patent medicine instead of the inmates if they have the particular reasons.
- Strengthen the Reception Service:
- For offering greater convenience to the people on purpose, the public could make an appointment of meeting through the way of telephone and network.
- Due to the service rules in Taipei Detention Center, people can attend to the affairs of reception registration, goods sending (daily articles, books and money) at a time by one wicket since April 1, 2005.
- Family members, relatives and friends of inmates that without ID cards are still allow to visit the detainee if they have identification papers.
- In order to extend the meeting time, Taipei Detention Center has set up forty visiting windows (including seven windows for pacification ward, rule breakers ward and patient ward) for the public. When the first group of inmate is in meeting, the second group will wait in the detainee center and the third group will be notified to bring the inmates.
- The beginning and the end time of meeting are signed next to the entrance of the Reception Room and the reception wicket for people to note.
- For people who apply for telephone meeting:
- Both of the Guard and Control Center and the Women’s Institution set up four public telephones for the people who want to apply for reception but are unable to come. Besides, for people who have emergent reasons (list below) could also apply for meeting.
- The grandparents, parents, mate and children of inmates that fall sick of a serious illness.
- Families of inmate that suffer from calamity or unexpected matter.
- Family members and relatives that are aged, handicapped, young or impoverished.
- Inmates are in state of emergency that need to make contact with their families.
- Improve the Reception Environment:
- Everyday in the morning and afternoon, there will be a controller bringing the Out-of-prison farming squad to clean the Reception Room, waiting room and restroom, so as to keep these places neat, tidy and beautiful. Moreover, they install the public telephone, air-conditioner, water cooler, and desk for writing. And in the Reception Room, applying forms, pens, presbyopic glasses, newspapers, magazines, statute books and religious books are provided for people as well.
- In order to make people understand fully at one glance and save their time, all the information is marked in both the Male and Female Reception Room, including the flow chart of applying for any item, procedure of meeting operation, reception services, needed papers for application, service hour, policies related to reception and application samples.
- There are two bilingual bulletin system of reception sequence in the Reception Room and the store for making the public know his own group of many under processing and wait well-ordered.
- To tie in with the policies, all of the articles that the families of inmate send in are within the limit of 2kg. And for saving time and promoting service quality, the Reception Room accommodates the public with weigher to use at the article- sending wicket.
- For people who come to visit the inmates, the Reception Room set up the bulletin boards inside and outside offer the complete information.
- To prevent the public from making a futile journey, the suspension of visit on holidays or the New Year will be noticed in advance.
- For inmates that are new arrivals in the center, appear in court or transfer to other prisons would be notified of their numbers and names. And for prisoners that prohibit from meeting, their families will receive a post that states the situation and notify their relatives not to come to visit.
- In order to make the public understand the quality of life in the center, there is a cabinet demonstrates all of the goods in-prison in the Reception Room.
- Correspondence ＆ Article Sending:
- Process of correspondence:
- Before mailing letters, the inmates will hand over a sending card to the ward or worksite controller for looking over, and then these letters will be computed the quantity, enrolled in the register and sent by the General Affair Section in the end.
- After receiving letters from the families of inmates, the General Section will separately distribute to all of the wards and worksites, and then these letters will be inspected and registered by the controller and finally delivered to the inmates.
- Taipei Detention Center has set up the information desk and the article-sending wicket for people to send foods, clothes for inmates and provide any related details about reception. Before people send their goods, they have to write the applying forms and then the undertaker will check up the goods and identification papers for security. And if the goods are not up to the standard, they will be sent back to the consigner.
- The inmates can ask their family members to send daily articles only if the application is approbated, then all the goods will be mailed on request, except for the items that are not identical with the application would be returned. And all of the goods that sent in the center will be delivered to the inmates after being examined.
- Other Civilian Services:
- For some of the inmate that are in poverty, distress and no one to meet will be provided with daily articles and essentials by the ward controller for free on a regular time schedule.
- Taipei Detention Center has been collecting books for inmates to read from the community, and looking forward changing and influencing the detainees unobtrusively and imperceptibly.
- In the cause of the environmental sanitation, Taipei Detention Center dispatches the Outside cleaning squad and the Out- of-prison farming squad to clean out the street and road around the center, prune the trees and dredge the gutter.
- A system of scholarship for the children of staff in the center and community schools nearby to apply.
- For the purpose of educating, influencing and reforming the detainees, Taipei Detention Center has combined and held various folk activities with celebrations or holidays for the inmates to join.
If you have any suggestion or opinion, please make contact with us, and we will reply you as soon as possible. Address: No.64, Jhungfa ST., Sinyi District, Keelung City Taiwan, R.O.C. Administrative Units:
Telephone Exchange: 886-2-24653240
The Reception Room: 886-2-24653240 ext 242
Night Call: 886-2-24652391
Accusation Tel.: 886-2-24653215
Pleading Tel.: 886-2-24653215